The Squarp Pyramid
I've ordered the Pyramid and it should be arriving the end of June or the beginning of July. It's a hardware sequencer and I think it will change the way I do music quite a lot. Firstly it will allow me to produce polyrythmically and irrational tracks. That's tracks that contain more than one time signature and are of differing lengths (allowing them to beat against each other over time). Secondly it will allow for live looping I'll be able to lay down a drum track, then put in a bass line and melodies. All played live, and with live quantising if I need. If this is combined with an audio looper it will really open up live experimentation with my band: Lever Street.I'll be able to lay down drum beats and keyboard lines using midi and the pyramid, and Paul (the guitarist) will be able to lay down guitar, bass, and vocal loops using the audio looper. And it should all be in time.
I'm quite excited about the Pyramid and can hardly wait for it to arrive.
In the meantime I've been continuing to learn how to use my Blofeld synth module and have uploaded some more wavetables to it. I reckon this and my ultraportable workstation and arranger (the Korg MicroArranger) will be good companions for the Pyramid.

No comments:
Post a Comment